I spent two nights in this Houston downtown hotel on a business trip. The lobby was pretty large and impressive. The room was spacious, however a bit worn down and all a bit dusty. The shower was of the bath tube type with curtain, unfortunately not a real shower cabin.
Surprisingly there is a huge electrical power transformer station next to the hotel and I found it directly in view from my window. This facility produces all day long a humming noise, which I found disturbing during the night. While I did not think about a possible exposure to an electrical field (from the transformer), it could be a valuable hint for people being sensitive in this respect to stay away from this hotel or to ask for a room to the other side.
The major disappointing thing for me however was the bill at the end of the stay. I got it handed over without explanation. I was charged more than 240 USD per night without breakfast. If you let book the same room by a local business partner in Houston downtown, the corporate rate granted is less than half of what they charged me. This left a “bad smell” in my mouth of having been cheated.
The breakfast was ok, price about 15 USD. Internet access costs about 7 USD for one hour.
All in all this hotel stay was ok, however by far not worth the money I had to pay.
- TripAdvisor ist stolz, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda und Weg als Partner zu haben. Sie können Reservierungen bei Hilton Americas - Houston daher unbesorgt durchführen. Wir helfen Millionen von Reisenden jeden Monat dabei, das perfekte Hotel sowohl für Urlaubs- als auch für Geschäftsreisen zu finden – immer mit den besten Rabatten und Aktionsangeboten.
- Auch bekannt unter dem Namen:
- Hotel Hilton Americas - Houston
- Hilton Americas - Houston Texas
- Hilton Americas - Houston Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Hilton Americas Hotel Houston
- Houston Hilton