Uns ist aufgefallen, dass Sie einen Browser benutzen, der von unserem System nicht unterstutzt wird. Die TripAdvisor Seite kann daher nicht korrekt dargestellt werden.Wir unterstutzen die folgenden Browser:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Sapa to Nong Kiawh

2 Beiträge
1 Bewertung
From Sapa to Nong Kiawh

We'd like to travel from Sapa to Nong Kiawh crossing the viatnamese-lao-border near Dien Bien Phu. Although I already read about experiences from other travelers I'm still not sure how long it takes to get to Nong Khiaw. I read that there's a bus departing from Sapa to Dien Bien Puh in the morning that takes around 9 hours. After that you should take a bus over the border to Muang Khoua and then a boat or bus to Nong Kiawh. Has anyone ever done this journey before and can tell me how long it takes and if it is a safe way to take the boat? A lot of people have been saying that the boats depart depending on the number of passengers wanting to travel to Nong Kiawh that day, but maybe that has changed by now?

I'd be very grateful about any advice you can give:)

thank so much!

2 Antworten zu diesem Thema
Ho-Chi-Minh-Stadt ...
Reiseziel Experte
für Köln, Laos
Beitragender der Stufe 
9.139 Beiträge
49 Bewertungen
1. AW: From Sapa to Nong Kiawh

I was planning a similar trip last year, but as I just couldn't leave Luang Prabang I flew to Hanoi and took the train from there to Sapa.

So firstly, it is doable. As you mentioned already, you can take a bus from Sapa to the border, and then head over to Muang Khuau. From here you have two otpions. A) you take the boat to Muang Ngoi and Nong Khiaw (if you have the time, spend a few days in Muang Ngoi, it is a great little village). The problem is, if there are not enough people, the boat is not leaving - unless you pay a premium.

B) You take the bus towards Oudam Xai and Luang Prabang. The bus to LP stops in Pak meng, and from there you can take a tuk tuk (or thongraew) to Nong Khiaw - it only takes around 30 minutes. The bus journey thought will be not short. So if you do it that way, take a day off in Muang Khuau, as two long bus journeys in a row won't be pleasant.

THough the boat trip would be much nicer, and if you can have a stop in Muang Ngoi, just do it. You wouldn't regret it.

Hope this helps

BTW - you posted on the German forum. For more questions I would try to use the English speaking forum (select the UK or US flag on the top right corner)

2 Beiträge
1 Bewertung
2. AW: From Sapa to Nong Kiawh

ok thanks for all the information:) i guess we're just gonna see if a boat takes off that day or not and decide then and there.. Thanks:))

Antwort auf: From Sapa to Nong Kiawh
Ich möchte per E-Mail benachrichtigt werden, sobald eine Antwort erfolgt.
Antworten auf Ihre Fragen zu Sapa