Dear globetrotters and Istanbul fans,
we (2 German friends) are looking for some general and specific advice concerning our trip to Istanbul end of this year.
We will visit Istanbul from 27th December to 1st January 2015. Our accomodation is located in Fatih.
Our questions in general are:
- Does anyone know places to store our luggage (on our last day) until we get to the airport in the evening?
- How much will it cost from Sabiha Airport to Fatih? And what would be the best way? Tram? Metro? Bus?
- Which places are generally open on 31st and 1st Janurary? Are there any museums or famous places we can still visit on those days? Or what else would you recommend to do on these days for tourists who are first time travellers to Istanbul?
- Is it easy to get to Sabiha airport on 1st Janurary (at 6 o'clock in the evening)?
More specific, we would like to know:
- what's a good place for foreigners to celebrate new year (we are 2 students, cheap would be very good)
- Are there any beautiful public fireworks?
- how to we get from place a to b during new years eve with public transportation? Are there any metro trains or trams to commute during the night?
Thank you very much in advance for any help! We really, really appreciate your informations!
P.s.: Feel free to answer in German OR English :)Zuletzt geändert: 18. August 2014, 21:07