Thema speichern
Dont even bother going to Caominh Hanoi

After reading very good comments about Caominh, I decide to pay them a visit while being in Hanoi. Let me begin by saying that the store, the fabrics and the suits and jackets that they have in exhibition were all top notch. The problem is that the prices are too.

I was interested in a linen sport jacket and so I told to the lady attending us. She gave a starting price of $500. This was already out of my budget of $200-300. I know that the final price depends on the fabric, but $500 for start is already high for a linen jacket.

Nevertheless, I asked to see some fabrics and the lady took me to the wall with the fabrics and dissapeared. A second lady showed up and asked me was I was looking for. I said and sport jacket and she gave me the ridiculous starting price of $1000. For curiosity, I asked how much will be a complete suit and she said $500. Of course, my next question was how could that be possible and she answered me that their jackets fabrics are cashemere blens and that the suits fabrics are a different quality/price range. At this point I mentioned that I was looking for a linen jacket and she drop the starting price at $800.

Here, I began to think that this was just a rip off. I said to the lady that those were european prices so it makes no sense for me to get something done with them and I left.

In conclusion: taking into account that I got a make to measure (not bespoken) three pieces suit in Suit Supply in Germany for €900, three pieces bespoken suits for $500 in Shanghai and Beijing and that a made to measure (not bespoken) mohair/linen jacket in Saville row begins at £700 and even a bespoken mohair/linen jacket in Cologne begins at €900, the Caominh prices are just a no go.

I have read many good comments from people from USA and Australia about Caominh, but from my experience, if you live in Europe, dont even bother in wasting your time going there.

You are better off saving that money getting your stuff done in Europe and using the time discovering Hanoi