Uns ist aufgefallen, dass Sie einen Browser benutzen, der von unserem System nicht unterstutzt wird. Die Tripadvisor Seite kann daher nicht korrekt dargestellt werden.Wir unterstutzen die folgenden Browser:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor
Island
Veröffentlichen
Posteingang
Suchen

Road trip in winter: Two questions

Wien
Beitragender der Stufe 
1 Beitrag
8 Bewertungen
16 "Hilfreich"-Wertungen
Road trip in winter: Two questions
Speichern

My wife and I are going on a road trip (4x4, of course) on Iceland's south coast these upcoming christmas holidays (Dec30-Jan4). I've been to Iceland before (in the summer), I've looked at a lot of blogs, read a lot about road safety and I've already made myself familiar with the essential websites/apps/etc. for such a trip.

However, I've got two questions:

1) Do you think it is possible to manage to visit all these places within 6 days? Or could we even go further (even though weather and, thus, road conditions could be tough, I know)? Here's our planned itinerary: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zdNa4Gi59GLU.k833A0UWSuLA&usp=sharing

2) I know this is just guess work, but still: In your point of view, what are the chances to see Northern lights during our stay? (We are in Reykjavik for 4 nights before our road trip, too.)

Thanks for your advice in advance.

1 Antwort
Reykjavik, Island
5 Beiträge
1. AW: Road trip in winter: Two questions
Speichern

My opinion is that it is a bit much driving but should be ok. The distance you'll be driving back and forth looks about the same as doing the whole ring road, which 7-10 days is a nice time to do, but I've done half of it in 24 hours.

I'd say its nicer to do the ring road (excluding the westjfords), than you want go twice past the same spot. You will gain the east fjords, the north east with places such as mývatn, ásbyrgi, dettifoss, goðafoss, grjótagjá, and many more. What you'd be skipping would mostly be Grundarfjörður at snæfellsnes.

For the northern lights I'd say pretty likely, you will of course need a clear sky, light pollution is important to. So your time in Reykjavik will be the less likely although sometimes they are so strong that you can see it greatly in Reykjavik. You can see the aurora forecast to see probability for the next week http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/aurora/

Antwort auf: Road trip in winter: Two questions
Ich möchte per E-Mail benachrichtigt werden, sobald eine Antwort erfolgt.
Antworten auf Ihre Fragen zu Island