Uns ist aufgefallen, dass Sie einen Browser benutzen, der von unserem System nicht unterstutzt wird. Die Tripadvisor Seite kann daher nicht korrekt dargestellt werden.Wir unterstutzen die folgenden Browser:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europcar Gatwick: Bad Experience

Beitragender der Stufe 
2 Beiträge
14 Bewertungen
3 "Hilfreich"-Wertungen
Europcar Gatwick: Bad Experience
Speichern

Hi all

I just would like to share my recent experience regarding a Europcar rental at Gatwick Airport.

As I have picked up the car (Ford Focus) everything seemed alright with the car. It was not very clean inside and looked a bit smudgy inside (not sure if cleaning is being handled very well by Europcar; Alamo and other car companies always left a better impression so far).

After driving a few miles, a light in the car's dashboard came on telling me to "Service Engine Now". As I had the assumption that rental cars are usually serviced and in good conditions I called the Europcar hotline and asked for advise. Several phone calls later (!!) I have been told to bring the faulty car back to London Gatwick for a "changeover". As there were no gas stations on the way and I was concerned regarding the car's technical condition I did not want to risk a detour to fill up the car.

The Europcar staff at the airport advised myself to contact the customer support regarding the fuel issue. As I hoped to get a refund for the charge (approx. GBP 2.30 per litre) I continued my journey.

I had to file a formal complaint via their website and wait for approx. 10 days until someone came back to me saying Europcar will maintain the charge as they think I had the chance to return the car full.

At this point I cannot recommend Europcar at all, I'd rather stick with Alamo and other companies who usually offer a better rate for a better service.

Did anyone else have a simliar experience? I do not think the staff is handling this case very well and seems to be very inconsistent in their replies.

Regards

A

1 Antwort
Munich
Reiseziel Experte
für Oman, Utah, Gardasee, Kalifornien, Arizona, Alaska, Kanada, Yukon, Britisch-Kolumbien, Chile, Argentinien
Beitragender der Stufe 
16.543 Beiträge
7 Bewertungen
8 "Hilfreich"-Wertungen
1. AW: Europcar Gatwick: Bad Experience
Speichern

Hallo Anton S,

Du bist hier im deutschen Tripadvisor-Forum gelandet. Deshalb wäre es doch angebracht, Deinen Beitrag in deutsch zu schreiben!

Beate

Antwort auf: Europcar Gatwick: Bad Experience
Ich möchte per E-Mail benachrichtigt werden, sobald eine Antwort erfolgt.
Antworten auf Ihre Fragen zu Vereinigtes Königreich