We arrived at the apartment after the check in time of 3pm to find it hadn't been cleaned and was in a dirty and scruffy condition. Cleaners began to clean it after check in time and it wasn't ready for us until after 4.30pm. When we looked around after the cleaners had left we found that although this is advertised as a non smoking apartment the smell of smoke in the master suite was appalling. Even the mattress, pillows and bedding reeked. The smell was so bad we had to sleep with the bedroom patio doors open which led to us having disturbed nights because of the outside noise.
In the next bedroom we found curtains hanging off the curtain rail, a bedside lamp with no shade on and a leaking toilet in the adjacent bathroom which we were told would be fixed the next day.
The next room, the lounge had furniture with cigarette burns and dirty marks on the wall. Parts of the light fitting were missing, some of the bulbs didn't work nor did the wall clock. The kitchen was ...