Uns ist aufgefallen, dass Sie einen Browser benutzen, der von unserem System nicht unterstutzt wird. Die TripAdvisor Seite kann daher nicht korrekt dargestellt werden.
Wir unterstutzen die folgenden Browser:

Mapenzi Bungalow

Paje
Ferienhaus –
1 Schlafzimmer, 1 Badezimmer, 2 Schlafmöglichkeiten

Bewertungen von Reisenden

Leisten Sie einen Beitrag zur TripAdvisor-Community und helfen Sie anderen Reisenden, die perfekte Ferienunterkunft zu finden.
Bewertung schreiben

Ruth N
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
3 "Hilfreich"-<br>Wertungen 3 "Hilfreich"-
Wertungen
“A little oasis of calm minutes from the beach”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 18. November 2012 für einen Aufenthalt im August 2012
Personen fand(en) diese Bewertung hilfreich

We had a fantastic holiday here. The bungalow was great value for money and you have the place to your self including the lovely surrounding gardens and newly installed swimming pool. The beach is just a short walk away, but far enough to get away from any noisy beach bars, not that there are many anyway.

We were looked after by a great guy called Aziz, for whom nothing was to much trouble. At our request he brought us fabulous traditional meals cooked by his sister and showed us around his village, plus we had a Swahili cooking lesson with his family. He also arranged a snorkelling trip for us to Mnembe island. Of course any trips are optional and at your own personal request, you never felt pressured into doing anything, if you wished you could do absolutely nothing
All in all I would highly recommend this accomodation if you want to get a real feeling of how life is on the island. A few tips - take a torch, the sun goes down around 6pm and there are frequent power cuts. The shop is a little further then you initially might think but sells everything you may need, matches or a lighter may be useful for the stove.

5 von 5 Sternen Konnte die Buchung der Unterkunft problemlos durchgeführt werden? 5 von 5 Sternen Wie hilfreich war die Wegbeschreibung zur Unterkunft?
5 von 5 Sternen Verliefen Schlüsselübergabe/Zugang zur Unterkunft problemlos? 4 von 5 Sternen Gesamtzustand der Unterkunft
4 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen 4 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte
4 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers 4 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen
5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: peace, people and location
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: power cuts!
Reisegruppe: Ehepartner/Partner
Trips mit Freunden Senioren
Familien mit kleinen Kindern
Fanden Sie diese Bewertung hilfreich? Ja
Diese Bewertung ist die subjektive Meinung eines TripAdvisor-Mitgliedes und nicht die von TripAdvisor LLC.
Scott L
London, Vereinigtes Königreich
2 Bewertungen
Bewertungen in 2 Städten Bewertungen in 2 Städten
4 "Hilfreich"-<br>Wertungen 4 "Hilfreich"-
Wertungen
“Perfect - if you want to get away”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 18. Februar 2012 für einen Aufenthalt im Februar 2012
Personen fand(en) diese Bewertung hilfreich

I wanted a quiet place to stay, feel remote and get some work done while enjoying a tropical paradise. I could not have chosen better. Hence my 5-star rating. However, there are some things that others may want to keep in mind before choosing this property:

- It is at the quiet end of Paje and a 20 or so walk to the shops (which sell not too much of use) and density of tourist facilities. You're not missing much and I was very glad to be where I was, but if you like to have you evenings in the area where you have a number of restaurants to choose from etc. you'll have a bit of a walk and complete darkness after 6.30. Bring a torch!!!

- The kitchen isn't really up to cooking real meals and if you are staying for only a brief period, it won't be easy to locate the things one needs to cook with anyway. The shops sell pasta, but no sauce or tinned tomatoes or fresh tomatoes, for example. If you want to eat in, better to have Aziz, the chap who met me at the airport and made sure things were all right, bring you a meal made by his sister. These were cheap, large and almost always super fresh and delicious.

- This isn't the place to go if you want that 5-star luxury feeling (frequent power cuts across the whole island, low water pressure on the shower, for example), but perfect if you want to be somewhere off-the-beaten-track and have a slight spirit of adventure. If you go with this attitude, this place is a wonderful find and very very comfortable and cosy. If you expect complete mod cons you'll probably be disappointed. (I suspect this is the root of the bad review I saw on here.)

- Don't go snorkelling. The reef is apparently near dead and my experience agrees. I was once before in Vietnam and here I kept looking for the real stuff - until I realised I was looking at all there was. Rented masks also often leak (0 for 2, was my experience). If you have one, bring one for whatever purposes you may need it (swimming with dolphins, etc).

5 von 5 Sternen Konnte die Buchung der Unterkunft problemlos durchgeführt werden? 5 von 5 Sternen Verliefen Schlüsselübergabe/Zugang zur Unterkunft problemlos?
4 von 5 Sternen Gesamtzustand der Unterkunft 4 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen
3 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte 4 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers
5 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen 5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: I loved everything about the place really. My caveats above were not things that troubled me, but simply heads-ups. I truly felt at home and loved sitting on the veranda in the evenings etc.
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: I suppose the power cuts were sometimes a drag - but no great bother.
Reisegruppe: Alleinreisende/r
44 Hotelbewertungen
Bewertungen in 40 Städten Bewertungen in 40 Städten
40 "Hilfreich"-<br>Wertungen 40 "Hilfreich"-
Wertungen
“Nice space /garden but could find better for similar price”
3 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 16. Januar 2012 für einen Aufenthalt im Januar 2012
Personen fand(en) diese Bewertung hilfreich

The bungalow looks exactly like the picture. It is a nice space and garden. We were ok in the few days we spent there but there are few drawbacks:
- The alley to reach the bungalow is too dark at night and there is no lights at the entrance of the villa - I wouldn't recommend this place for a solo traveler.
- It is not at the seafront so does not enjoy the sea breeze like other places , the solo stand fan is not enough and it was unbearably hot several nights.
- The place so ok but not really what I call clean/spotless - several cobwebs around
- The water pressure in the shower was weak but bearable

It is an ok place but if someone can manage a beach front bungalow or one with a/c , it will much better and there are several options in paje.

4 von 5 Sternen Konnte die Buchung der Unterkunft problemlos durchgeführt werden? 3 von 5 Sternen Wie hilfreich war die Wegbeschreibung zur Unterkunft?
4 von 5 Sternen Verliefen Schlüsselübergabe/Zugang zur Unterkunft problemlos? 3 von 5 Sternen Gesamtzustand der Unterkunft
4 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen 4 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte
2 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers 3 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen
3 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: space- garden
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: lack of a/c & good fan and darkeness to reach the place in the evening
Trips mit Freunden Reisende mit Haustieren
Bewertungen in 3 Städten Bewertungen in 3 Städten
1 "Hilfreich"-<br>Wertung 1 "Hilfreich"-
Wertung
“Best holiday ever!”
4 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 5. Januar 2012 für einen Aufenthalt im Dezember 2011
Person fand(en) diese Bewertung hilfreich

This bungalow is the perfect place to stay if you want to get away from it all and really enjoy the peace, quiet, sunshine and charming atmosphere that Zanzibar conjures up. You are tucked away just behind the beach, close enough to pop there and visit lovely restaurant and bars (all very chilled and untouristy) and the AMAZING beach but also hidden away from everyone else. You really feel that you've found your own little piece of Zanzibar! Even though you are in the grounds of the owner's house - you never see anyone, except for the wonderful Masai who guards the compound and the lovely gardener/maintenance man - it's so peaceful. It is a basic bungalow, but it's clean, it's got everything you need and we really loved it for its simplicity. We didn't do much cooking because it was so lovely to be on the beach at night but we ate lunch there often. The owner is really easy to deal with and makes the whole process of booking/paying/arriving smooth and effortless. Highly recommended.

3 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen 3 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte
5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: Location and quiet
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: Very hard pillows!
Senioren
  • War das Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis in Ordnung?
  • Hatte die Unterkunft W-LAN bzw. Internetanschluss?
KT000000
Minster, Vereinigtes Königreich
1 Bewertung
“Holidays for me have to be a combination of relaxation and adventure, this holiday was the perfect mix of both”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 1. November 2011 für einen Aufenthalt im März 2009
Mit Google übersetzen

This was my first time to Zanzibar and a holiday I will never forgot.

I booked to stay for 10 days, I wish I had stayed longer! The bungalow that I stayed in was very quaint. I loved its basic nature which blended perfectly with the gardens outside, a really space for relaxation and reading. Because it is private property you feel you can just relax without other people and families constantly going past. Going to the local store and cooking on your own stove was all part of the adventure. All of the basics were provided to a great standard, the shower in particular impressed me, great relief after a long day at the beach and was powerful enough to get salt out of my very thick long hair! (this is very important to me) The peaceful nature of the bungalow meant you had your own sanctuary if needed, however, its close proximity to the beach was ideal. I really enjoyed the beech bar and all that paje had to offer. I loved the walk along the beech to the next village and restaurant that looked out over the sea, walking back by moon light was magical. I also enjoyed trips into stone town where you are bombarded by smell and colour, a real mix of old and new, steeped in tradition whilst still offering a cold beer and the internet! I would recommend checking out all of the spices that this amazing island has to offer.
All in all an incredible holiday and adventure. The beaches are amazing, you think they look good in the pictures but with your own eyes they just get even better. There is lots to do and so much culture to take in. Alternatively, there is enough for you on the door step to do nothing but top up an amazing tan! The roads are not like they are in the UK and you do often come across the odd cow. I would always get advice on the best way to travel especially if you have a family and the rules of the road is you are hiring a car.

I was very impressed with how quickly the holiday was organised and always felt that someone was available had I had any grievances or questions.
Cant wait to go back.
Kate

5 von 5 Sternen Verliefen Schlüsselübergabe/Zugang zur Unterkunft problemlos? 5 von 5 Sternen Gesamtzustand der Unterkunft
5 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen 5 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte
5 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers 4 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen
Gefiel mir am besten: Location
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: airpoirt
Reisegruppe: Alleinreisende/r
Trips mit Freunden Senioren
anne531
London, England, United Kingdom
1 Bewertung
“Fantastic spot 5 mins from the best beach on the Island unbelievable value for money”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 29. Oktober 2011 für einen Aufenthalt im Dezember 2010
Mit Google übersetzen

We stayed in the bungalow for two weeks in Dec 2010 and absolutely loved it…we loved it so much we went back a second time in May 2011 for another wonderful stay.
The house is situated less than 5minutes from the best part of the beach in the area. The sea on the east coast is amazing from Jambiani to Bweju but Paje has the best beach. The area also includes some great beach bars such as The Dhow Inn or Jambo bar and also some wonderful restaurants. We ate one night in a small restaurant on the beach and it was so romantic and great food and service.
The bungalow is in a secure garden with the main house over to the side. It is very peaceful , safe, clean and in a beautiful garden. It is also very private. The house has got a lovely patio which we loved to sit early evening and first thing in the morning. Surrounded by the fantastic garden. The bedroom has a seating area and a comfortable double bed. The kitchen is small but has everything that you need and the bathroom is the same. The property is really the best value in Zanzibar and we have traveled around and looked and stayed in many other places. We found the housekeeper so friendly and he showed us where to shop etc and also did shopping for us. He got us bikes, introduced us to so many people , got our car fixed for us and took us to the local disco! Everybody was so helpful and it made our stay just heaven.
We stayed the last two days of our trip in The Breeze but it was so package tour that we much preferred staying in the bungalow .
I am surprised to see a negative review as we would highly recommend it as the best value on the Island
Anne and Raphael

5 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen 5 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte
5 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers 5 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen
5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: The garden
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: nothing
Trips mit Freunden
  • War das Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis in Ordnung?
  • Hatte die Unterkunft W-LAN bzw. Internetanschluss?
  • Wurde Ihnen Ihre Kaution rechtzeitig zurückerstattet?
TamisCana ...
Victoria, Kanada
Top-Bewerter
66 Bewertungen 66 Bewertungen
27 Hotelbewertungen
Bewertungen in 33 Städten Bewertungen in 33 Städten
57 "Hilfreich"-<br>Wertungen 57 "Hilfreich"-
Wertungen
“Don't be fooled - disgustingly dirty!"”
1 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 24. Oktober 2011 für einen Aufenthalt im September 2011
Mit Google übersetzen

We stayed only one night due to the extremely dirty, unsanitary conditions of the property. We had rented the property for a week but left soon after we arrived, as the conditions in the bungalow were disgusting. This included clumps of old hair in the sink, moldy cupboards, a broken toilet, dirty fridge, floors, counters and loads of bugs due to the gaps in the door and the holes in the window screens. (We tried to keep them out by stuffing toilet paper in the gaps but it didn't work). The fridge was also moldy and sticky inside and out and had remnants of food left in it. The amenities listed are not factual. There is no hot water, no internet, no living room, no 'bedroom', no en suite, no stove (only a hot plate with one burner working, that we could tell). There are no usable dishes or cutlery, the pots and pans were corroded and rusty, there is no seating, and no safe. There is a TV but no service. We were subsequently told there was a locking cabinet but this didn't work either. The sheets on the bed were clean but the bed uncomfortable as the pillows were rock hard, however this may be personal preference. The directions we received were useless as piles of dirt, rocks, bricks and debris blocked the road. The only beach access was through a nearby hotel and we were informed on arrival that we were expected to purchase food and drinks to “pay for the privilege”.

WARNING - DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE REVIEW DATED OCTOBER 10

3 von 5 Sternen Konnte die Buchung der Unterkunft problemlos durchgeführt werden? 1 von 5 Sternen Wie hilfreich war die Wegbeschreibung zur Unterkunft?
1 von 5 Sternen Verliefen Schlüsselübergabe/Zugang zur Unterkunft problemlos? 1 von 5 Sternen Gesamtzustand der Unterkunft
2 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen 1 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte
1 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers 1 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen
2 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: The unsanitary conditions
Reisegruppe: With Spouse/Partner
Würden Sie Freunden dieses Hotel empfehlen?   No.
Management-Antwort
27. Okt 2011
What can I say. The bungalow was cleaned the day before but some items were missed. I offered to rectify this but this lady had clearly decided she wanted to leave so I refunded her money. The other comments in this review are just not correct. I have had many guests at the bungalow over the last four years and nobody else has made comments like this. The other reviews, made only a few weeks earlier, reflect the true situation.
Diese Antwort ist die subjektive Meinung des Managementmitarbeiters und nicht die von TripAdvisor LLC
Ankunft
Abreise
Gäste
ab
USD 57
Nacht
Woche
Dieses Objekt buchen
Oder senden Sie eine Nachricht an den Eigentümer.
Nachricht senden
Antwortrate: 95 %
Zeit bis zur Antwort: Innerhalb eines Tages
Kalender aktualisiert: Vor 8 Tagen
Rundum-sorglos-Schutz
Sie profitieren automatisch vom Rundum-sorglos-Schutz, wenn Sie eine Ferienunterkunft über TripAdvisor buchen.
Mehr erfahren
Besitzen Sie eine Ferienunterkunft? Zeigen Sie sie hier an.
Die Anzeige ist kostenlos!
Fügen Sie Ihr Mietobjekt kostenlos zu TripAdvisor und Holiday Lettings hinzu. Sie zahlen nur 3 % Vermittlungsgebühren für jede bestätigte und bezahlte Buchung.
Schützen Sie Ihre persönlichen Daten
TripAdvisor gibt Ihre Kontaktinformationen erst dann an Ihre Gäste weiter, nachdem die erste Zahlung getätigt wurde.
Erhalten Sie mehr Präsenz
Präsentieren Sie Ihr Objekt Reisenden auf der ganzen Welt, die jeden Monat aktiv an Ihrem Reiseziel nach Mietobjekten suchen.
Kostenlose Anzeige erstellen