Uns ist aufgefallen, dass Sie einen Browser benutzen, der von unserem System nicht unterstutzt wird. Die TripAdvisor Seite kann daher nicht korrekt dargestellt werden.
Wir unterstutzen die folgenden Browser:

A Bittersweet Retreat

Rileyville
Ferienhaus –
2 Schlafzimmer, 1 Badezimmer, 4 Schlafmöglichkeiten

Bewertungen von Reisenden

Leisten Sie einen Beitrag zur TripAdvisor-Community und helfen Sie anderen Reisenden, die perfekte Ferienwohnung zu finden.
Bewertung schreiben

33 Bewertungen
9 Hotelbewertungen
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 6 "Hilfreich"-
Wertungen
“Most relaxing couples of days in months!”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 9. September 2013 für einen Aufenthalt im September 2013
Mit Google übersetzen

My husband and I work seven days a week and after working 15-hour days for 6 months straight, we were in much need of a vacation. After considering a couple of options including cities and mountains in the north and south, we decided to stay close to home and head to the mountains in Virginia or West Virginia to maximize our time away. I poured over the internet looking for the perfect place to stay and in the end went with Shar's place because it looked close to the water and mountains but still in close proximity to nearby towns. Shar was really easy to work with in terms of payment and when I had questions. She got back to me promptly each time.

A Bittersweet Retreat was indeed perfect. We arrived early Thursday afternoon (after talking to Shar who kindly allowed us to check in early) and had no trouble finding the house or getting settled in. The place was spotless with two beds (one full bed in the bedroom downstairs, and one queen in the loft upstairs), a huge screened in porch, a small but fully-stocked and functional kitchen, and a large bathroom with a shower and a jacuzzi. The weather was perfect for our 3 nights there and the times when we weren't out exploring the nearby attractions, we spent most of our time on the screened-in porch.

Shar had given me some suggestions for where to shop for groceries so we picked up some local meat and produce on our way in on Thursday. Shar lives in the converted chicken house next door, and when she stopped by later to say hi and see if we needed anything, she was very sweet to also bring two homemade turnovers as a welcome treat. She answered all of our questions and gave recommendations for places to eat as both the husband and I love to eat. She informed us that she was going to be out of town the next night, but we could call if we needed anything. We're pretty low maintenance so had no need to call her. She also invited us to see her house next door, we didn't get to this time, but will sure try next time we stay!

We had use of the charcoal grill outside of the cottage where there are also chairs as well as a picnic table for those who don't mind bugs. I get eaten alive by mosquitoes wherever I go, so the screened-in porch was a lifesaver. Sleeping to the sound of all the birds and the river was fantastic.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the cottage and couldn't have asked for a better host. The house was perfectly situated for everything we wanted to do. There are a lot of cabins out there in the Luray area, but a lot of them are on the side of main roads, which we didn't want. A Bittersweet Retreat was on a road that wasn't far from the main road, but it was in a community so it was very quiet at night. The neighbors' houses were also not too close so you didn't feel like you were on top of other people.

The only things I would leave as things to consider for other travelers are: Two of the street lamps are pretty bright and shined through the gaps of trees so if you are sensitive to light when sleeping, then you should bring eye masks. They didn't bother us much though. Also, there's no bathroom in the upstairs loft (as mentioned in the description of the house) and the stairs up are quite steep, so for people with small bladders or elderly I'd recommend sleeping in the bedroom downstairs just for safety when you're all blurry-eyed in the middle of the night.

The husband and I didn't want to leave when it was time to go and as we drove away were already talking about how to make our way back soon!

5 von 5 Sternen Konnte die Buchung der Unterkunft problemlos durchgeführt werden? 5 von 5 Sternen Wie hilfreich war die Wegbeschreibung zur Unterkunft?
5 von 5 Sternen Verliefen Schlüsselübergabe/Zugang zur Unterkunft problemlos? 5 von 5 Sternen Gesamtzustand der Unterkunft
5 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen 5 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte
5 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers 5 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen
5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: screened-in porch, ease of access to an array of things to do
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: having to leave!
Reisegruppe: Ehepartner/Partner
Trips mit Freunden Senioren
Fanden Sie diese Bewertung hilfreich? Ja
Diese Bewertung ist die subjektive Meinung eines TripAdvisor-Mitgliedes und nicht die von TripAdvisor LLC.
9. Sep 2013
I can't tell you what a pleasure it was having you stay at the cottage, all I can say is that you were both a delight! If there were more guest like the two of you everyone would have a place to rent out. You were the perfect guest & low maintenance to accommodate your needs.
I also wanted to Thank You for taking such good care of the cottage, you left it almost as you found it.
Truly there should be more guest like you!!
Please come back Anytime!!!
Very Sincerely,
Shar
Diese Antwort ist die subjektive Meinung des Managementmitarbeiters und nicht die von TripAdvisor LLC
Calvin P
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Sweet Impromptu Getaway”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 5. März 2013 für einen Aufenthalt im März 2013
Mit Google übersetzen

First off, there was nothing bitter about this cottage. :) Only thing I would've hoped for is weather being warmer so we could've taken advantage of the nice, spacious porch and spend more time outside by the fire pit. Everything from decorations to amenities and the host (she is so awesome!), everything was top-notch. It felt like every conceivable space was well utilized to make anyone's stay at this cottage an awesome experience. There's wifi, cable tv, good size flat screen tv, jacuzzi, porch that's enclosed in netting, comfortable beds, fire pit, grill, and kitchen that has pretty much everything you need to cook up a nice meal.

This cottage is ideal for two to four people. It's close to a river, where I think you can fish and there's a big livewell at the cottage. I can picture myself catching some good size fish, keeping them in the livewell, cooking them up on the grill, and scarf them down by the fire. I will definitely come back here when it gets warmer.

5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: comfort of modern amenities while being away in nature
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: cold weather
Reisegruppe: Andere
Trips mit Freunden Senioren
Familien mit kleinen Kindern Reisende mit Haustieren
Leannkbl
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1 "Hilfreich"-
Wertung
“Happily situated and cozy retreat!”
4 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 2. August 2012 für einen Aufenthalt im Juli 2012
Person fand(en) diese Bewertung hilfreich

When traveling with our furry, four-legged "child", it's often challenging to find clean, comfortable accommodations...we found that and more at Bittersweet Retreat. Shar was a delightful hostess...genuinely interested in her guests comfort. Along with the standard items, the kitchen was stocked with lots of little thoughtful extras like tea bags and maple syrup. As cozy as the cottage was, we spent most of our day on the ample screened porch...the porch was obviously designed to make the most of the beautiful view of the river. Thank you, Shar, for a lovely retreat!

4 von 5 Sternen Konnte die Buchung der Unterkunft problemlos durchgeführt werden? 5 von 5 Sternen Wie hilfreich war die Wegbeschreibung zur Unterkunft?
4 von 5 Sternen Verliefen Schlüsselübergabe/Zugang zur Unterkunft problemlos? 4 von 5 Sternen Gesamtzustand der Unterkunft
4 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen 5 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte
4 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers 5 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen
5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: The view from the screened porch
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: Window A/C units loud when trying to sleep
Reisegruppe: Ehepartner/Partner
Ihre Altersstufe 50-64
Trips mit Freunden Familien mit kleinen Kindern
Reisende mit Haustieren
2. Aug 2012
Hi LeAnn,
The pleasure was mine as well, I wish all my guest were as nice & thoughtful as you are, & I appreciated how well you took care of the cottage . Your baby was no trouble at all! I hope you All come back to see me soon!
Very Sincerely,
205 Bewertungen
38 Hotelbewertungen
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 88 "Hilfreich"-
Wertungen
“The Perfect Home Away from Home”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 4. Januar 2012 für einen Aufenthalt im Dezember 2011
Person fand(en) diese Bewertung hilfreich

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this lovely cottage that sits surrounded by beautiful scenery. It was truly a wonderful home away from home. Beautifully decorated and very well cared for, it's perfect for a couple needing some R&R. I can't wait to go back but In the meantime I will miss our evening walks under the starry sky.

5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: The location and the owner's hospitality
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: Nothing
Senioren Reisende mit Haustieren
jackie h
Kinston, North Carolina
1 Bewertung
“Great way to start the NEW YEAR!!!”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 3. Januar 2012 für einen Aufenthalt im Januar 2012
Mit Google übersetzen

My wife and I gave this trip to ourselves as a Christmas present. It was a great get away and a perfect way to start the New Year. We love the Shenandoah Valley and the river. The accomadations were very,very clean and neat. The design of the cabin was great. The view of the mountains and river were post card perfect. Shar, the owner, makes you feel welcome and wanted, more like a guest than a renter. Also it is pet friendly. We plan on returning again in the near future.

5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: cleanliness, pet friendly, location.
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: leaving
Ihre Altersstufe 50-64
5 von 5 Sternen Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 5 von 5 Sternen Zimmer
5 von 5 Sternen Lage 5 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit
5 von 5 Sternen Check-in/Rezeption 5 von 5 Sternen Service
Reisegruppe: Spouse / significant other
Würde ich diese Ferienwohnung meinem besten Freund empfehlen?
Fanden Sie diese Bewertung hilfreich? Ja
Diese Bewertung ist die subjektive Meinung eines Individualreisenden und nicht die von TripAdvisor LLC oder Partnerunternehmen.
jmorgan12 ...
Baltimore, Maryland
1 Bewertung
“A relaxing retreat with all the amenities!”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 8. August 2011 für einen Aufenthalt im August 2011
Mit Google übersetzen

We loved visiting the Bittersweet Retreat for the weekend and wished we could have stayed longer! The cottage was beautifully built and decorated. It was immaculately cleaned and maintained. The screened in porch was definitely my favorite place that I have been this summer! Shar was an excellent hostess; everything that we needed was provided and she even grew fresh herbs out front of the cottage that we used to cook with the whole weekend.

5 von 5 Sternen Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis 5 von 5 Sternen Zimmer
5 von 5 Sternen Lage 5 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit
5 von 5 Sternen Check-in/Rezeption 5 von 5 Sternen Service
Ihre Altersstufe 25-34
Trips mit Freunden Romantischer Trip
Touristen Luxusorientierte Reisende
8. Aug 2011
Thank You for such a nice response & having you here was my treat as well, you took such nice care of the cottage, as if it was your own. I hope to see you again & enjoy the river & mountains as much as I do! Once again it was a pleasure having you here.
Shar
USD 135
Nacht
Woche
Buchung anfragen
Oder senden Sie eine Nachricht an den Eigentümer.
Nachricht senden
für dieses objekt gilt unser zahlungsschutz
Inhaber
Shar M
Spricht Englisch
Seit gelistet: Jun 2011
Antwortrate: 90 %
Zeit bis zur Antwort: Innerhalb eines Tages
Kalender aktualisiert: Vor 1 Tag
Rundum-sorglos-Schutz
Sie profitieren automatisch vom Rundum-sorglos-Schutz, wenn Sie eine Ferienwohnung über TripAdvisor buchen.
Mehr erfahren
Besitzen Sie eine Ferienwohnung? Zeigen Sie sie hier an.
Die Anzeige ist kostenlos!
Fügen Sie Ihr Mietobjekt kostenlos zu TripAdvisor und Holiday Lettings hinzu. Sie zahlen nur 3 % Vermittlungsgebühren für jede bestätigte und bezahlte Buchung.
Schützen Sie Ihre persönlichen Daten
TripAdvisor gibt Ihre Kontaktinformationen erst dann an Ihre Gäste weiter, nachdem die erste Zahlung getätigt wurde.
Erhalten Sie mehr Präsenz
Präsentieren Sie Ihr Objekt Reisenden auf der ganzen Welt, die jeden Monat aktiv an Ihrem Reiseziel nach Mietobjekten suchen.
Kostenlose Anzeige erstellen