Uns ist aufgefallen, dass Sie einen Browser benutzen, der von unserem System nicht unterstutzt wird. Die TripAdvisor Seite kann daher nicht korrekt dargestellt werden.
Wir unterstutzen die folgenden Browser:

Lance Aux Epines
Ferienhaus –
3 Schlafzimmer, 4 Badezimmer, 6 Schlafmöglichkeiten

Bewertungen von Reisenden

Leisten Sie einen Beitrag zur TripAdvisor-Community und helfen Sie anderen Reisenden, die perfekte Ferienwohnung zu finden.
Bewertung schreiben

35 Bewertungen
20 Hotelbewertungen
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 74 "Hilfreich"-
Wertungen
“Tradewind Pavilion - All you could ask for!”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 12. März 2013 für einen Aufenthalt im Februar 2013
Mit Google übersetzen
Personen fand(en) diese Bewertung hilfreich

I have traveled to Grenada 6 times in the past 2 years and for my most recent visit, I rented the Tradewind Pavilion. In my earlier visits, I have stayed at various hotels and decided to try renting a house/villa instead. Choosing the Tradewind Pavilion ended up being a great choice! I stayed there from Feb 27th thru March 6th.

It was all that I could ask for and more. The house itself was very nice.... it was extremely clean and because I was traveling alone on this trip, it had more room and amenities than I needed but I could not have been more pleased. It can easily accommodate 4 or possibly 6 people. It was also located 2-3 minutes drive from the house that my daughter and her roommates rent, so that was an added plus.

I arrived in Grenada in the evening and even though I know my way around the island pretty well and knew the road that the Tradewind Pavilion was on, I did not know exactly which house it was. No problem....the owners provide a taxi that meets all renters at the airport and takes them to the house. My rental car was delivered to me the following morning.

A few minutes after arriving in the house, Sharon, who owns the Tradewind Pavilion with her husband Anthon, came to meet me and show me around. Despite it being well after 9pm, Sharon took lots of time taking me through the entire house pointing out all that I needed to know and answering all the questions that I had. In addition to giving me the "grand tour", Sharon also mentioned that housekeeping would be done every few days and confirmed that those days were convenient for me. She and Anthon live within a 2 minute walk, and she said to contact her or Anthon if I needed to contact them for anything. Their phone numbers as well as emergency #s were provided as well as tourist literature and maps. She also offered a cellular phone but since I have a Grenada-based cell phone, I declined her offer.

The Tradewind Pavilion has multiple bedrooms but since I was there alone, I only used the master bedroom. The bedrooms are on the lower level of the house and you get to them via a spiral staircase. The master bedroom is air-conditioned, has its own bathroom and a huge walk-in closet that has a safe for storing valuables if you do not want to carry them during the day. There is a door in the walk-in closet (which is really a small room) that leads to an external hallway where a washing machine and the wireless router are located. There is a small balcony off the bedroom that overlooks the Caribbean. At one end of this balcony is a door that leads to another large bathroom. It has a Jacuzzi and a huge shower with multiple shower heads and a very unique stone seat under the large shower head. While this should have been the bath that I used, I confined myself to the bath and shower in the master bedroom.

The outside areas of the villa are spectacular, offering panoramic views of the Caribbean as well as the mountains in the island's interior. The pool area can be reached by leaving the house by the front or rear doors. Comfortable chairs and tables are throughout making it a challenge for me to sit in all of them during my week's stay. A grill is available for cooking outdoors.

There is also a patio/balcony just outside the house's back doors. On it, is a chair/table set and two cushioned rocking chairs, any of which are great for having coffee/tea in the morning or having a complete breakfast if you decide to use the fully equipped kitchen. Speaking of which, the kitchen has a large gas stove, a big double-door refrigerator, plenty of counter space and all of the utensils, plates, cups and glassware that you would need.

Before I continue writing about the outside areas, let me also mention that the main living area of the house has a large dining table, lots of chairs, tasteful decor, 3 ceiling fans, plenty of screened windows providing a constant breeze, cable TV and a CD/DVD player. I only used the TV. The house also has a wireless network. My iPad was unable to get a strong wireless signal with the router which is downstairs on the bedroom level. Sharon had mentioned that iPads had some connectivity problems but that laptops worked just fine. When daughter came over to visit, she brought her laptop and had great connectivity. I did most of my internet-based work on my iPad sitting at the table in my bedroom, which was fine with me. I did some internet access on the main living level but the signal was not nearly as strong as downstairs. If you use a laptop, this problem will not exist.

Back to the outside areas.... Near the full sized swimming pool is a spiral staircase that leads up to a covered balcony that would be ideal for entertaining or just lounging. The covered area has two large tables with chairs around it and other seats and chaise lounges for you to relax in. There is also a wet bar that is very convenient for entertaining. The only thing I would like to have seen would have been a small refrigerator under or near the wet bar so that you do not have to go down the spiral stairs and into the kitchen for the next round of drinks. A small problem but not a deal breaker!

A tiled balcony surrounds this covered area. On it are numerous lounge chairs with cushions that are great for soaking up sun while staring at the Caribbean and the other great views. On one day, I invited my daughter and 4-5 of her friends over for drinks & snacks. We spent the entire afternoon either in the covered area or this balcony. It is so large that the 6 of us barely took up any space.

If you are going to rent the Tradewind Pavilion or the smaller villa that Sharon and Anthon rent that is also on the grounds but barely visible, you will not be disappointed. It is located in Lance Aux Epines, which is the nicest area on Grenada. While the Tradewind Pavilion offers you everything that you would need to have a great vacation on Grenada, there are many other places that you should visit while you are there, such as Grand Anse Beach, many fine restaurants, the island's towns and the vast natural beauty of Grenada. You can certainly do that using taxis but from a practical standpoint, it would be wise to rent a car for your stay. Grand Anse Beach should not be missed and it less than a 10 minute ride from the Tradewind Pavilion. Getting around the island is relatively easy and the roads, for the most part, are very good. There is also a large supermarket at the Spiceland Mall which is directly across from Grand Anse Beach.

One last thing, Sharon and Anthon have two large dogs as pets. They are visible but extremely pleasant and well behaved. If you do not want them around, they will go away.

I will be returning to Grenada in May. The day after returning from this past visit, I mailed my deposit to Sharon & Anthon to ensure that I am able to stay at the Tradewind Pavilion in May.

5 von 5 Sternen Konnte die Buchung der Unterkunft problemlos durchgeführt werden? 5 von 5 Sternen Verliefen Schlüsselübergabe/Zugang zur Unterkunft problemlos?
5 von 5 Sternen Gesamtzustand der Unterkunft 4 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen
5 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte 5 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers
5 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen 5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: The overall property, location and interaction with the owner(s).
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: Americans like fluffier pillows. Internect connectivity could be improved for iPads and all other computers if the wireless router was not located in a stone hallway
Reisegruppe: Solo
Würden Sie Freunden dieses Hotel empfehlen?   Ja.
Empfohlen für:
Trips mit Freunden Familien mit kleinen Kindern
Große Gruppen
  • War die Unterkunft so, wie sie beworben wurde?
  • Würden Sie den Standort der Unterkunft empfehlen?
  • War das Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis in Ordnung?
  • Hatte die Unterkunft W-LAN bzw. Internetanschluss?
Fanden Sie diese Bewertung hilfreich? Ja
Diese Bewertung ist die subjektive Meinung eines TripAdvisor-Mitgliedes und nicht die von TripAdvisor LLC.
An diesem Objekt interessiert?
islandguy ...
Canton Ohio
2 Bewertungen
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2 "Hilfreich"-
Wertungen
“A great place to stay”
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 28. Juni 2012 für einen Aufenthalt im Mai 2012
Mit Google übersetzen

My wife and I along with our older son stayed at this location. When we arrived at the airport we were picked up and taken to the villa. It was 10:30 in the evening and this was our first time in Grenada so we would not have known where to go. Once at the villa, we were greeted by Sharon who handed us the keys and answered any questions that we may have had. There was a pre-paid cell phone provided which was nice for calling cabs. Being our first time in Grenada, we took a cab everywhere. We used the same cab driver all week and had him give us a tour of the Island one day which included a trip to one of the many waterfalls.
We had a great view of the Caribbean Sea even though the Palm trees are allot larger than what you see in there brochure. It gave you the feeling of seclusion. The pool was nice and deeper than I expected. We were in the pool at least once every day. The shower in the forth bathroom, which is under the pool deck was great. It had two shower heads and pulsating jets and a place to sit down. Once we discovered this shower, we used it all the time. The hot water is apparently heated by the sun so I suggest, if you want a hot shower, you take it in the evening. Be patient, it takes awhile for the hot water to reach sinks and showers. The villa had high speed internet (both wired and wireless).
We cooked dinner on the provided charcoal grill three times. We ate out once at the Aquarium Restaurant and it was very good. The only problem, which was not a problem for us, was the air conditioning in the Kitchen/dining/living area was not working. Sharon said that they had ordered a part for it. We preferred the caribbean breeze anyhow. The bedroom air conditioners did work. The bedrooms were on the bottom level and the living area is on the second level with a spiral staircase between them. You can reach the bedrooms by steps on the outside of the building though which was necessary for taking luggage in and out at the beginning and end of the stay. My wife and I went scuba diving at the underwater sculpture park while our son snorkeled on the surface. We used Eco Dive Grenada.

5 von 5 Sternen Konnte die Buchung der Unterkunft problemlos durchgeführt werden? 5 von 5 Sternen Wie hilfreich war die Wegbeschreibung zur Unterkunft?
5 von 5 Sternen Verliefen Schlüsselübergabe/Zugang zur Unterkunft problemlos? 5 von 5 Sternen Gesamtzustand der Unterkunft
5 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen 5 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte
5 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers 4 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen
5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: Very private and relaxing
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: You needed a cab or rental car to go anywhere
Reisegruppe: With Spouse/Partner
Ihre Altersstufe 50-64
Würden Sie Freunden dieses Hotel empfehlen?   Ja.
Empfohlen für:
Trips mit Freunden Familien mit kleinen Kindern
  • War die Unterkunft so, wie sie beworben wurde?
  • Würden Sie den Standort der Unterkunft empfehlen?
  • War das Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis in Ordnung?
  • Hatte die Unterkunft W-LAN bzw. Internetanschluss?
Fanden Sie diese Bewertung hilfreich? Ja
An diesem Objekt interessiert?
Ankunft
Spricht Englisch, Deutsch, Spanisch, Französisch
Seit gelistet: Dez 2013
Zeit bis zur Antwort: Innerhalb eines Tages
Kalender aktualisiert: Vor 22 Tagen
Besitzen Sie eine Ferienwohnung? Zeigen Sie sie hier an.
Die Anzeige ist kostenlos!
Fügen Sie Ihr Mietobjekt kostenlos zu TripAdvisor und Holiday Lettings hinzu. Sie zahlen nur 3 % Vermittlungsgebühren für jede bestätigte und bezahlte Buchung.
Schützen Sie Ihre persönlichen Daten
TripAdvisor gibt Ihre Kontaktinformationen erst dann an Ihre Gäste weiter, nachdem die erste Zahlung getätigt wurde.
Erhalten Sie mehr Präsenz
Präsentieren Sie Ihr Objekt Reisenden auf der ganzen Welt, die jeden Monat aktiv an Ihrem Reiseziel nach Mietobjekten suchen.
Kostenlose Anzeige erstellen