Uns ist aufgefallen, dass Sie einen Browser benutzen, der von unserem System nicht unterstutzt wird. Die TripAdvisor Seite kann daher nicht korrekt dargestellt werden.
Wir unterstutzen die folgenden Browser:

Barefoot Luxury Villa Samui

Bophut
Ferienhaus –
3 Schlafzimmer, 3 Badezimmer, 6 Schlafmöglichkeiten

Bewertungen von Reisenden

Leisten Sie einen Beitrag zur TripAdvisor-Community und helfen Sie anderen Reisenden, die perfekte Ferienunterkunft zu finden.
Bewertung schreiben

17 Hotelbewertungen
Bewertungen in 17 Städten Bewertungen in 17 Städten
128 "Hilfreich"-<br>Wertungen 128 "Hilfreich"-
Wertungen
“Barefoot Luxury - But we initially needed sandals”
4 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 8. Oktober 2013 für einen Aufenthalt im Oktober 2013
Personen fand(en) diese Bewertung hilfreich

Having travelled around the world and stayed in many Hotels and private residences I am well versed in being able to judge a private villa.

One of the main factors is always location. High up in the hills on an island off the coast of Thailand will always differ from a more centrally located 5 star hotel in several ways.
For example if the internet is cut off on the main road, it will effect the surrounding hills properties. If there is a problem with water or a power line goes down, expect to be with out it for a day or two. But this is not Central London afterall and can be part of the charm.
We were without water for overall around a day and a half due to a generator burning out. The internet went down for a day or so. We were there for 12 days however and unless you are a completely unreasonable traveller who is not used to the way things can be, I would not grade this property down because of this.

I would however mention that there were a few minor things which I cant blame on location that needed to be addressed. The light bulbs in the pool had all gone, all the sala light bulbs were blown also, the infinity pool was not running and the fountain was also not functioning. There were two air conditioning units in the large main lounge but only one blew cold.

Over the next few days these were all addressed and put right (apart from the fountain which is purely cosmetic and air conditioning unit) but you could not help thinking that some of it could have been ironed out before our arrival.

Other small things Id mention which makes the difference in my view between a 4 star and 5 would be the two elephant statues around the pool were broken, one had 3.5 legs and proped up by the pillar of the sala, and one of the pool chairs has a cover to give you shade but it was broken.

Bathwater - there is a large bath in the master bedroom. For the whole stay the water was discoloured when you run the bath. This again is a factor you come across living in the hills on an Island and it was clear that silt was effecting the water colour. Again I cannot down mark the villa because of it and this is something that is no doubt common in the hills all over Samui.

The cats - they deserve their own special mention. The cutest family of cats I have ever seen were living around the area. They were as timid and as wild as you can get. I took to feeding them a bit and would even buy them bottles of milk from the store. By the end of the trip I was able to stroke them etc.......... and they really were tame. I would have taken them back to the uk if I could. Loved them.

The Neighbours - Half way through our stay we had some neighbours move into the villa directly next door and slightly above the villa. The villa is run and owned by the same people as Baan Sai Tan. It is called Villa Kya and looks very nice by the way.
Unfortunately for us, being on our honeymoon, the neighbours decided to wake us up early one morning with nightclub style music. This was not that bad as we could have done with getting up early. However the next night this night club style music with full on base, was also going on till 6am. It was impossible to sleep as the room was shaking. We pretty much wasted the next day and night as we were zombiefied.

With all problems, its how it is dealt with that is important and the villa manger Jeab was fantastic in ensuring it did not happen again which was really apprciated by us both.

Anyway back to the review - so far I have mentioned some isses with the villa which would make it sound like we were unhappy. But this is not true. It would be unfair of me to say everything was perfect but equally unfair for me not to mention all the fantastic elements of the villa.

Firstly in response to the water issue we encountered I was called by the owner of the villa and given a free in villa meal which was amazing, and a free double massage for us both. This was a very nice gesture and certainly worked in helping to forget any issues. I remarked after the hour long Thai massage, I hope the water goes off again and we get another one.

The view from the swimming pool was great and you could see panoramic views of the ocean. The fact the place is in the hills and off the main road was a good thing in my opinion. We hired a car which made the whole thing great as we could come and go as we pleased.

We were asked everyday by the villa manager if everything was ok and any issues we had were addressed. Everything was run efficiently during our stay. The security guy is a very nice bloke who is always on hand.

The bedroom was always kept clean and tidy and the bed linnen and towels the same.

I am giving this villa 4 out of 5. If the villa felt ready for when we moved in and the issues over the first few days had been ironed out previously I would have no hesitation in giving it 5. I understand in any such villa in this kind of location things are never going to run as clockwork all the time but we both commented it seemed that certain things were probably great once but now need tweaking, ie. broken elephants, sun bed, air conditioning unit, fountain by steps etc..........

Would I reccomment this place, yes I would. The pool area was fabulous, especially when lit up at night. I would also add that the rate I paid for the villa was well worth our stay. Granted I would be interested in staying at the villa next door, villa kya next time as it is a higher end villa but I would definately stay at this villa again without hesitation and hope to do so in the future.

Thanks to all at Villa Baan Sai Tan for a great stay!

Tip: Hire a car. Using the villa taxi is very expensive. My tip would be hire one from the airport. It costs around 800bht a day with optional insurance but is well worth it giving you freedom to explore this amazing island.

5 von 5 Sternen Konnte die Buchung der Unterkunft problemlos durchgeführt werden? 5 von 5 Sternen Wie hilfreich war die Wegbeschreibung zur Unterkunft?
5 von 5 Sternen Verliefen Schlüsselübergabe/Zugang zur Unterkunft problemlos? 3 von 5 Sternen Gesamtzustand der Unterkunft
5 von 5 Sternen Betten und Matratzen 4 von 5 Sternen Küche und Geräte
4 von 5 Sternen Sauberkeit des Badezimmers 4 von 5 Sternen Andere Ausstattungs- & Serviceleistungen
5 von 5 Sternen Service
Gefiel mir am besten: The panormaic views
Gefiel mir am wenigsten: The brown bathwater
Reisegruppe: Ehepartner/Partner
Würden Sie Freunden dieses Hotel empfehlen?   Ja.
Trips mit Freunden
  • Würden Sie den Standort der Unterkunft empfehlen?
  • War das Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis in Ordnung?
  • Hatte die Unterkunft W-LAN bzw. Internetanschluss?
  • Wurde Ihnen Ihre Kaution rechtzeitig zurückerstattet?
Fanden Sie diese Bewertung hilfreich? Ja
Diese Bewertung ist die subjektive Meinung eines TripAdvisor-Mitgliedes und nicht die von TripAdvisor LLC.
Honk Kong
5 von 5 Sternen Bewertet am 28. Mai 2013 für einen Aufenthalt im Oktober 2012
Fanden Sie diese Bewertung hilfreich? Ja
Diese Bewertung ist die subjektive Meinung eines Individualreisenden und nicht die von TripAdvisor LLC oder Partnerunternehmen.
Hong Kong
ab
USD 350
Nacht
Woche
Es können zusätzliche Gebühren vom Eigentümer erhoben werden.
Dieses Objekt buchen
Oder senden Sie eine Nachricht an den Eigentümer.
Nachricht senden
Antwortrate: 100 %
Zeit bis zur Antwort: Innerhalb eines Tages
Kalender aktualisiert: Vor 34 Tagen
Rundum-sorglos-Schutz
Sie profitieren automatisch vom Rundum-sorglos-Schutz, wenn Sie eine Ferienunterkunft über TripAdvisor buchen.
Mehr erfahren
Besitzen Sie eine Ferienunterkunft? Zeigen Sie sie hier an.
Die Anzeige ist kostenlos!
Fügen Sie Ihr Mietobjekt kostenlos zu TripAdvisor und Holiday Lettings hinzu. Sie zahlen nur 3 % Vermittlungsgebühren für jede bestätigte und bezahlte Buchung.
Schützen Sie Ihre persönlichen Daten
TripAdvisor gibt Ihre Kontaktinformationen erst dann an Ihre Gäste weiter, nachdem die erste Zahlung getätigt wurde.
Erhalten Sie mehr Präsenz
Präsentieren Sie Ihr Objekt Reisenden auf der ganzen Welt, die jeden Monat aktiv an Ihrem Reiseziel nach Mietobjekten suchen.
Kostenlose Anzeige erstellen